Friday, October 17

Sorry to be so spotty as a blogger

For the next couple of weeks I will be up to my elbows in thousands of pictures that I have to scan into the computer, re-size, clean up from all the dust spots, and balance for color and other things. Then I have to put them in order, decide how long they will be on-screen, and somehow make musical accompaniment work with them. The result will be a maybe-ten-to-fifteen-minute-long presentation for the memorial we’re having for Karla’s mom on November 1.
This is in addition to feeding the cat, the ravens, the horses, and the snake that scared the bejeebers out of Karla this morning when it plopped onto the floor in one of the bathrooms while she was combing her hair.

It was odd; I was turning in my swivel chair to move a photo from where it was to the scanner. I heard an odd squeal. “I’m going to have to oil the swivel,” I thought to myself. Then Karla came into the room saying “There’s a SNAKE in the BATHROOM!” Goodness gracious, I thought, how could a snake get into this house? Ha ha. I went after it, a gopher snake, which hissed and struck out like he really didn’t like me. He had crawled into a cabinet beneath the wash basin and wasn’t about to be caught. After several attempts to snare him/her, I saw it slink into a hole where recovery would be impossible without tearing out the wall. Good riddance.

Karla is now using the other bathroom exclusively.

No comments: