Tuesday, December 23

Momentary magic

After a dark and stormy night, the morning came and with it a strong beam of sunlight on the road as we drove out to the Big City to buy stuff. A mist rose, drifting to and fro as gentle zephyrs played with it in the shimmering brilliance. Intrigued, I stopped and leapt from the truck, camera in hand, dropped to my knee in reverence and snapped the shot above.

Then we drove off to pick up the mail, dropped off a couple of propane tanks to be filled, bought some groceries and some horse feed, and headed back home. By the time we got to the same spot on the road, it was dark, there was no mist, and we were tired. The magic had retreated into the night, from whence it came.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such fleeting enchantment!

And I immediately knew EXACTLY where that photo was taken. I think the poorly paved pathway to paradise has etched itself permanently into my consciousness.

Tom Hurley said...

You got it!