Friday, June 26

That’s me! That’s me!

The reason I’ve missed two days of blogging is that I’ve been on the road doing ranch stuff. Then when I got back at night there were dozens of hikers asking for mailing labels for their resupply buckets going to the ranch. And others whose payment via credit card on our payment site had to be logged in and acknowledged. Above is a reflection of me in the shiny trailer. See my smile? I actually could have gotten closer to that truck, shooting many pictures through the windshield at 60MPH, but the 1203 sticker on the trailer means gasoline. Fumes only, since he was going back to where he could fill up and was moving rather briskly, but fumes blow up too. When a truck is empty, it can come to a rather rapid stop, and I could get some really close pictures! But I was restrained by long experience making me do the sensible thing, dang it.

This blog post would have gone up last night, but there was so much Internet traffic Google bogged down and everything moved so…slow…I…just…quit. And went to bed.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Tom, I have always wanted to take a photo of my car on the shiny rear end of a big tanker truck but never did for many reasons, such as not having a camera on board. Your picture is a beaut. Thanks for doing it for me.

Tom Hurley said...

Happy to be of service.