Saturday, July 18

Now, There’s A Job!

Thanks to a story referred to me by neighbor Bill, I caught a glimpse of a dream job, watching over ravens. It’s illegal to own a raven in the US, but here’s a guy who’s in charge of nine! And he gets to work in the Tower of London, which has great views, if you like urban views. I like rural views. And I would have a hard time putting in the required 22 years in the British military in order to qualify for the post. Of course I’d be subject to British health care, which is a death sentence for anyone over 65 (“Get to the back of the line, grampa. We got some young ones to take care of first.”) But then American health care is in line to do the same. Oh, well. I’ll settle for the two ravens that seem to trust me a little.

Read the whole tale here.

Photo: The Independent

No comments: