Thursday, January 14

Dimbulb educators

When I was about 25 years old or so, I was part of a company that made films about art processes. The intended market was schools. The thing uppermost in my mind was keeping the message in each film as simple and visually uncomplicated as possible; don’t confront the viewer with unnecessary distraction. The films we made won prestigious awards for excellence.

Unfortunately the Adobe corporation doesn’t seem too interested in following that path. The course I am currently studying, which I described in my last blog, was tossed together with careless disregard. One unnecessary distraction is illustrated below. This course is intended for an English speaking audience, so why are the visual examples a mix of ENGLISH and GERMAN?


Didn’t anyone at Adobe notice that they’re using the wrong version of the program in their examples? Is anyone awake up there in Mountain View, or is everyone too amped up on caffeine to notice? Good grief! Bad dog! Sit! Stay! Boo! Hiss!

No comments: