Sunday, September 27

I won’t complain…

I had just prepared a couple of pieces of steel for welding for a jig I want to use in making a table. “Why weld them?” I thought to myself. “I’ll just lay them here on the big metal table and let the sun melt them together.” I hate it when I have to keep all metal tools out of the sunlight or they’re too hot to pick up. I came in to the house just about a half hour ago to escape the heat. Right now it’s 98°F , 37°C in the shade. Welcome to Autumn?

Just for fun I checked the forecast for Furnace Creek Ranch in Death Valley. That’s where Hilary and Karla and some horses are heading to from Bishop on the east side of the Sierra. Yesterday (Sunday) they rode over the pass from the ranch with 19 or 20 horses, taking them to their winter home at the stable down there.

Look at the drop in temperature they’re expecting—from a high of 113 down to 88 just two days later! It must have something to do with being 183 feet below sea level. I hope Karla remembered to pack her down comforter.

No comments: