Tuesday, September 29

Peace in the Valley…mostly


My morning duties include feeding a gaggle of roughly 20 horses, most of whom are nice to each other and to me. The exceptions are the two mustangs we are babysitting for some people who moved away and don’t have room for anymore. They’re rather mean to our civilized horses, chasing them away from their feed just for the fun of it. I’m getting some stone-throwing practice with them as targets, but my skill isn’t improving noticeably. I must have peaked athletically already, but the upside is that the corral area is being cleared of small stones.

I’m about to start a search for a French chef, saying we have some on-the-hoof fodder for his/her restaurant. No charge. Perhaps they can use them for horse d’oeuvres.

1 comment:

HHhorses said...

Yes, the mustangs would make excellent horse d'oeuvres. I'll look for a French chef.

I love it when you post horse pictures, so I can see how they're doing. Snip and Blayney look good for 30!