Thursday, August 5

The iron frogs

Tomorrow I’m going to town and decided to wear a nice cotton shirt that needed ironing. I got the ironing board set up and grabbed the steam iron out of the storage pantry. As I was about to pour some water in its spout, I saw an odd dark shape covering the hole. It looked like a piece of chewing gum. It was a frog! I scooped it up and as I was about to take it outside and toss it into the middle barrel of the fish fountain, I noticed another frog between the handle and the base. Two frogs in one iron! Doesn’t that have special significance in some culture somewhere? Sure made me feel good.


I feel sorry for people who don’t encounter frogs in routine places. I also feel sorry for people who have to iron their own clothes.

4 comments:

HHhorses said...

Everyone needs frogs! Frogs are great! You're very special to have two in the same place! I bet there are a lot more, if you go through the cupboards and the bathroom.

Tom Hurley said...

Good grief, HHhorses! You make it sound like we have a whole menagerie living with us. The frogs are welcome, but the rats better stay on the roof. As for the mice, well… When the cat comes in he goes upstairs and doesn't bother them. We might need a new cat.…

HHhorses said...

Don't you wish you had a whole menagerie of frogs living with you? I do!

Tom Hurley said...

Don’t wish a menagerie of frogs on Eddie over there in Hawai'i. He wants to get rid of all of the shrieking Coquis.