Saturday, February 20

How small is your life when this is meaningful…

Here is how it started…

and here is how it ended.

Out of the 22,642 times I’ve played this stupid game, only four or five times have I completed on the first pass, meaning I went through the deck only one time. That’s once in roughly every 5,100 plays. The nice thing about this version of solitaire is that you can back up to the start and re-play the game. Not sure I had done it in one pass, I hit the left arrow key repeatedly till the game backed up to the start point, then re-played it. It came out the same. Totally jazzed with disbelief, I dashed out to the living room and called Karla in to witness this momentous event. Sure enough I went through it once more to the same result. She smiled, patted my head, kissed my cheek, and went back to her book.

I sat there, glowing with pride and awe and utter … um, whatever it is you feel when you’ve accomplished something that must have some meaning, but you can’t quite put your finger on it.

3 comments:

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

How's life treating you this week? Did you have a run of interesting games? Or just the one?

Tom Hurley said...

Well, at least I hope this is the peak of the week. Too much more fabulous luck and I’ll probably not be able to stand it!

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Ha ha! I guess you have to watch that since you're a 'Geezer' now. (By the way, weren't you a kid made in the USA? Or is Ancestry.com wrong? {GASP})