Friday, September 12

Free cat

Only moments ago Raven, the black cat, spewed a puddle of pee the size of a dinner plate right under my feet! The nerve! I quickly showed him the door and he dashed off to explore the great outdoors for at least one night. Maybe he’ll make the acquaintance of a herd of pigs or raccoons or meet his wild cousin, the friendly bobcat, which will rise in my esteem immeasurably if I spot him licking black cat fur from his claws.

In order for my sleep to proceed undisturbed, I think I’ll plug in my iPod earbuds and turn it up real loud. I mean, who needs to hear the raucous yowlings of a cat being shredded?

Or I could offer Raven as a gift to anyone who’s willing to pay the freight and get a free cat. To reduce your shipping costs, I could have him freeze-dried if you like.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't know much about cats, being a dog person myself, but are you using the right catology with your resident cats? I have heard old wives' tales that if you are allergic to cats, or dislike them, or are afraid of them, they sense your dislike and, being cats, naturally are attracted to you. Perhaps you should use reverse catology on them and they will avoid you. Let me know if that works.

I hope you had your shoes on. Or maybe not. Washing your bare feet would be much easier.

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Good advice, Aunt Pat.

How old is this cat anyway? When they get older they sometimes forget their manners - peee-eww.

Tom Hurley said...

Pat, I’ll try the reverse catology, though I’m skeptical.

Susan, this cat is estimated to be two years old. He’s been neutered and eats low-fat, high-cost food. His litter box is cleaned daily and the pellets are tossed into a squirrel hole that’s way too close to the delicate seedling plants on the patio table. At least there’s some good use for cat potty. I think the squirrel has abandoned its hole, but not sure. I’ll have to investigate. I know I sure wouldn’t want to live with that stink!

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Well, it can't be his age. And he's been neutered. Maybe this link will help?

http://cats.about.com/cs/behavioralissues/f/spray_neuter.htm