Wednesday, September 17

How “green” can you get?

I got an email notice titled as shown above. It regards a settlement between Apple Inc. and some shareholders who complained that they were cheated out of gains in stock value because of Apple’s back-dating of options for some of its executives. Eight pages of legalese, so I mostly skimmed through it. The last page interested me the most because of the two items shown below:









“Mixed Sources” explains that the PDF I was reading on my LCD display was “printed” on recycled paper and/or greenly-produced dead trees. The other item claims that the black type showing on my computer screen was made from soybeans.

Wow, I am impressed. With technology this advanced, I can’t wait till I get an email from Hershey’s that I can lick off the screen to satisfy my chocolatey desires.

No comments: