Tuesday, September 16

I am going to be rich!


Tonight something happened that only occurs once in a lifetime! Do you remember the story of the man who walked in to a post office and bought an airmail stamp and noticed that it had a printing error? The airplane was printed upside-down. He dashed back to the post office and bought all the rest of the same printing error. The current price of one of those stamps is astronomical.

The same thing happened to me! Not at a post office, but at my own refrigerator! I grabbed a Michelob Ultra Amber beer bottle, popped the cap, and noticed that — the label was upside-down!! I almost peed my pants! The photo accompanying this blog entry is genuine without any manipulation. It’s staggering, the wealth that will be bestowed on me. Must have been an offshoot of the relatively benign plumbing experience I had earlier. Is my life changing for the better/best/greatest/most astonishingly unbelievably unbelievable? It’s hard to believe!

Hope I can sleep tonight.

PS: I immediately checked all the remaining labels in the six-pack. They were upright. Dang.

UPDATE! I re-checked and found a second bottle with the same error. I am going to be twice as rich!

UPDATE UPDATE: I just realized that if there are two of these rare bottles, the rarity diminishes and I could end up only getting half as much for them. Maybe I should break one.

3 comments:

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Congratulations. Don't forget your relatives when you're a zillionaire, OK?

Tom Hurley said...

Pardon me, "Susan," but do I know you?

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Ha ha! OK so where do I sign up for the DNA testing thing? I think I still have an old navy cap of yours from 1962 somewhere in this place....isn't science amazing??

Oh and I advise you to stop looking for more of those bottles right now. Maybe nobody else will find one either.