Tuesday, February 3

How to save…

Thanks so much to Susan for sending this image to me. “How to save on toilet paper” was her caption. It is so appropriate. What can I say? Australia has nothing but poisonous everything!

It was a Big City day, and we’re pooped. I couldn’t think of anything to say on today’s blog except that we’re back on the air with the new router. This weekend it’s off to the other Big City, San Francisco, to drool over all the cool stuff we can order to sell in our store this summer. I predict that we will stroll down the aisles by all the exhibitors’ booths and have to avert our gaze from the hungry eyes of the booth attendants. One thing I have learned in our thirty or so years of attending these shows is that you never make eye contact with exhibitors or you are doomed. At least psychically, if not financially. It’s almost like approaching a stop light and there’s a guy on the median with a cardboard sign saying he’s a homeless Vietnam War veteran with six kids, all of whom have leukemia, and a wife with no legs and a huge tumor on her shoulder that bleeds and four hungry dogs and a rat. Okay, here’s a dollar for your rat, but the rest is your problem. No, wait. Give me back the dollar. It’s ALL your problem.

(I’m not really that bad, really.)

By tomorrow, I’ll probably have something worthwhile to say.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SO horrifying! $#!%! I'm going to literally have nightmares from that! I'm afraid to open this blog now because I might have to look at it before I'm fast enough to scroll down.

Thank you, Susan! Is it a photo you took of a lovely fuzzy Aussie creature?

We only have 6-inch long scorpions to worry about here, and I haven't encountered one for a while.

Tom Hurley said...

Hey, ease up. Have a nice scorpion. SIX INCHES??

Glad I live among the shrimpy scorpions.

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Thank you for the gratifying response to my economic tip. I hope you will remember it when you need to make savings in your home. I don't think this spider is particularly poisonous, and some people even keep them as pets.

Actually, Hil, I didn't take this photo and I didn't have this cute little fuzz ball visiting me personally, but there did used to be a wolf spider who lived under the hand towel in the laundry at the house where you once visited me.

Anonymous said...

Susan,

The wolf spider is the reason I'm afraid to go in to the bathroom at Ahwahnee! He always shows up and makes me shriek.

I don't think seeing the movie Arachnophobia when I was a little kid helped me too much.

I'm happy among the 6-inch scorpions... they might be arachnids, but at least they're not spiders!