Tuesday, November 17

Living up to its name

House wrens are engaged in a continual quest for something to eat. When I’m outside, I see them running along the walls chasing bugs. This little bird must have found an entry hole to the house (surprise!), and for at least a week has come in early every morning, fluttering and chirping from room to room. Today it seemed to like where I was sitting at the computer amidst plenty of house flies (do I need another shower? I already took one this month).

It must be getting ready to rain since that’s when flies take shelter in the house. This bird ignores all danger when in pursuit of them, coming as close as a foot away from me. A couple of days ago I trapped the bird against a window, grabbed it, and was showing it to Karla when it tore free and flew off. Karla opened one of the roof windows to let it out. Seems the wren forgot that incident since now I’m about as much of a threat as a piece of furniture.

He’d be welcome if he were housebroken.

No comments: