Wednesday, November 25

T’was the night before Thanksgiving


And all through the kitchen
Happiness reigned
There was no…complaining

Karla and I are going to one of California’s coastal-close cities for the holiday. Her family will be there, cousin-wise. Mine won’t. So I’m taking lots of wine and will sit in a corner and study my navel.

Our contribution to the gargantuan feast is Pies. Karla’s pie crust should be enshrined—there is nothing like it. Light, flaky, crisp, elegant. It makes the pie regardless of the filling. Filling was my department. Pumpkin, apple, and pecan were my duties. I hope I have risen to the level of crust.

5 comments:

Tom Hurley said...

I must make a comment…Karla’s cousins are lots of fun, and I have a very good time when I am with them. But for the blog, well, it was more entertaining to complain. My apologies to any offended cousins.

Praying Horse said...

Me want pie!

Tom Hurley said...

As a relative-in-law, you get pie!

Unknown said...

It's almost 3:00 PM. Where are the Pies???!!!
Arza
An original and genuine cousin

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

How much would it cost to ship a pie to Australia? Oh I forgot. I'm a relative on the wrong side.