Saturday, April 10

Where are all the fish?




I just noticed something while re-reading some of the terrific prose I’ve produced in the past week or so. It’s been awhile since I fed the fish off to the right side of the blog, so I clicked a few morsels onto their little square bowl. Then it hit me—there are only five left! There used to be nine, and they varied in color. Now the remaining fish are all the same color, and there are 45% fewer of them. I guess I had simply counted on my faithful readers to keep them fed.

When you choose to have pets, it’s a big responsibility. It is a lesson learned for me.

(I thought I smelled something.)

4 comments:

Agneta and David said...

I just saw the video of of Dean Kamen on TED. Your title "The emotion behind invention" captures it all. Thanks for sharing it. And thanks for the site TED.
Another good site is www.bigthink.com.

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Are you SURE the cat knows where his dish is?

Tom Hurley said...

We limit the cat’s access to the Internet, but you never know what he’s doing in the middle of the night when we’re asleep.

HHhorses said...

On the internet, no one knows he's a cat.

Your readers may have OVERfed the fish, which I understand kills them just as fast as starving them.