Thursday, June 24

Can’t get no respect

Even Rodney Dangerfield, who used the above line in so many of his comedy routines, didn’t have to suffer such indignity as my poor wooden rooster. It would appear that to little birds a safe perch can be provided by another, admittedly abstract bird. But when you gotta go, you gotta go.

I have always had an affinity for chickens and as a result whenever a birthday comes around I usually get some artist’s rendering of that brave breed of birds (although once I got a tin raven). Contrary to popular belief, chickens are really smart and resourceful. Sometimes their eating choices make me wonder though, such as their almost obsessive taste for styrofoam, but who am I to judge? They must think me strange for not eating earthworms. To each his own. Let us all have some respect.

No comments: