Saturday, June 19

Wow, another milestone

3,400 games won. What an accomplishment. Things that end in lots of zeroes must be celebrated. At least that’s what I was taught growing up. It doesn’t matter what the thing achieved is worth, it’s the zeroes that count. I feel so empowered. I could move mountains. I could point to my zero collection and lord it over my peers, leaving them whimpering in their mere-ness, their lack of zero-achievement. I am so pumped. Now my goal is to get the numbers in front of the zeroes even higher. 3,500 games of solitaire won. Wow. My chest swells with pride. Oops—there goes another shirt button, launched into the computer screen. It bounced off and fell on the rug. Hope I can find it. Hope it didn’t leave a scratch on the screen. Dang! IT DID! Drat! Oh well, achievements come with consequences; it’s the price you pay. I’m up to it. I can handle it. It’s the obligatory burden that accompanies greatness.

2 comments:

cindat said...

OK, you got me with this one. I am now a follower. Anyone who can make me laugh gets my vote. You first made me laugh several years ago as I read the driving directions on how to get to Florence Lake. You, sir, are a goofball extraordinaire!

Tom Hurley said...

Thanks, Cinda. Makes it all worthwhile.