Wednesday, June 30

He got the joke!

This morning Hilary had to jump on a horse and ride a mile or so away to round up some horses to haul in to the high ranch this weekend. I got to tend to Benjamin. I brought him one of his favorite companions, a plush rocking horse with a bear riding on its back. Turn the key and it plays Brahms’ Lullaby on its built-in tinkly music box. Benjamin loves it.

I was showing him the bear on the horse’s back and happened to make a joke about the pair of them riding “bear-back.” He laughed! He got the joke. I tried to get another laugh for the camera, but the moment had passed. Even a good joke rarely elicits a second laugh.

2 comments:

HHhorses said...

Just never, ever put the camera down! Tape it to your head.

Tom Hurley said...

I could tape an iPhone 4 to my head, but not my big old heavy Canon SLR, which is as heavy as, well, a Canon.