Friday, July 2

Absence makes the heart…

Here I sit before the computer writing about my new feelings now that my two good friends, Hilary and Benjamin, have left for the high mountains where they’ll be for most of the summer and into the early autumn. I miss them both already. I’ll be missing Ben’s remarkable growth, both in body and personality. In the past few weeks, he has come to recognize and actually like me. Every morning I would smile at him and he would beam back at me with a little coo. Wow. That’s bonding. I’ll miss Hilary’s total devotion to Ben, and remarkably buoyant spirit even when Ben’s demands get pretty strident. Being Ben’s exclusive source of affection, care, and food, she is the perfect mother in my estimation, one whom I would love to have had as my own.

Two beautiful spirits, gone for awhile. I’ll adjust, but it will take time.

3 comments:

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Aww, I wondered how long they could stay :( What a sad day :(

I'll look forward to the next time we get to see some pictures and will miss him appearing on your blog too.

Hilary, you are doing a wonderful job with Ben. I can tell that even from 'way over here. XX

HHhorses said...

Aww geez, Dad, you're gonna make me cry! Benjamin is crying too, but he just does that.

Raquel said...

This made me a little teary eyed too =(