Monday, January 24

Economist Magazine contest

"Is it just me, or does anyone else smell garlic?"

I always like to enter contests where silliness is prized. I subscribe to The Economist, so I receive invitations to be silly. In the upcoming edition of the magazine, they will use this picture of Suleyman the Magnificent, the longest-reigning sultan of the Ottoman empire.

Here is how they introduce the competition:
CAN you write an Economist picture caption? The excellent standard of entries in our previous competitions suggests that many of you can: here's a fresh chance for you to see your wit in print.
My suggestion is shown beneath the picture. I could use your support to help me win. There isn’t any judging that you can participate in, so just think good thoughts. Thanking you in advance, I remain your humble servant.

No comments: