Thursday, April 14

No feedback from Adobe, yet

I guess Adobe doesn’t worry about other people using their name to send false update info. I never got a response to my warning to Adobe that someone in Germany was sending false update information regarding Acrobat Reader. Too bad. At least Adobe could have responded to my having spotted some potentially damaging emails sent to (probably) millions of people asking them to update their Adobe software.

Too busy to get involved in petty stuff, I guess. If I had told them that I knew of a company with 5,000 workers using one copy of Photoshop they had illegally duplicated, that would get their attention since Photoshop provides a huge part of their income. But having people’s computers compromised by the inadvertent download of a fake update to already-free software is no big deal. Maybe sending out notifications to millions of users would be daunting. But acknowledging one of Adobe Reader’s users (that’s me) that he had correctly spotted some fakery would at least make him (that’s me) more likely to spot something more damaging that would be more worthwhile to the huge company. The point I’m making is to reward your friends with at least an acknowledgement of their efforts.

Unless, of course, you’re way bigger than any mere customer.

No comments: