Wednesday, March 11

New Trees

We got some new trees. So I had to buy a new camera. I've been illustrating my blog using pix from my iPhone. It has a nice camera but a very limited range of options such as focus and zoom. The camera I bought is a Nikon Coolpix L830, a very moderately-priced (under $200) yet capable shooter. It has an astonishing 34X zoom lens! I haven't given its results a close examination yet, but it brings back memories of the first Nikon 35mm film camera zoom lens I bought way back in the 1970s. It had a range of 43-86mm, a whole 2X! But it stunk as a lens since it had gross amounts of what's called pincushion distortion. It spent most of its life tucked away in my camera accessory bag while I kept on using "prime" lenses.




Back to the trees. They're all dwarf citrus and most are either in bloom or already have fruit. They'll live on our south-facing deck along with a whole bunch of flowering plants and herbs.  This afternoon Karla will be planting several strawberry plants in the citrus pots.



It's raining right now. I hope we get more and more as spring approaches. The grasses and forbs are doing well and will keep our three dozen or so horses fat and happy. And keep us happy as long as we don't have to toss out bales of hay.

No comments: