Sunday, July 20

Vegan Viper hasn’t left


Yesterday as I was watering the strawberries, I caught sight of the Vegan Viper slithering into its hideout under one of the half-barrels. Odd, since I have never seen a rattlesnake occupy the same space for very long; they always seem to be on the move. But, since this is the only place on the entire property with strawberries, I thought that made sense (ha ha).

But again today, the Viper is still hanging around the strawberries! That’s weird. I think I may have to capture this little snake and take it out to explore new territory. I’ve noticed that up on the county road the elderberries are fully ripe. Hope it likes them.

3 comments:

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Maybe the viper is smarter than you think. Are there any holes in the strawberries or barrels? If not, could this be a meteorite safe zone? Could what you think is a Vegan Viper be merely protecting itself from meteorites? Ad if it is a safe zone, what makes it so?

I hope you don't mind me posulating an alternate theory. With pseudo science it's easy to come to the wrong conclusion unless you are very, very observant...

Tom Hurley said...

Alternate theories are the bane of pseudo science. A good pseudo scientist comes to a conclusion without messing around with other ideas. Speed is of the essence. First impressions count for far more than lots of study and experimentation. It’s all about intuition. But you’re right — absolutely no holes around the strawberries. The snake is probably going to hang around till the end of meteorite season, which I think comes in September, but I’m not sure, and I’m sure not going to do any research on it either. Takes too long.

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

A sage, wise decision, oh great pseudo scientist.