Friday, August 1

The latest Toyota

Toyota bought Sony’s robot division and has presented a new way to get around (if you don’t count Dean Kamen’s Segway). They call it the Winglet, and it does a lot of what the Segway does, but a lot slower. Presumably a lot cheaper, too?



The Segway will travel at 12.5 mph (20 kph); the Winglet only goes 3.7 (6). I have a question: On the smaller unit, what are you supposed to do with your hands? At least the demonstrator could be playing a trumpet or something. Or text messaging. Or, in the US, eating a hamburger and fries.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's that blue light they are standing on? A secret power source? Where do you find find all these weird and wonderful shorts? You Tube is pretty jammed with stuff, but how can you winnow out the trash?

Just asking--

Anonymous said...

I see I stuttered on 'find' in my previous comment. Blame it on the fact that it's late and I am typing in the dark.

Tom Hurley said...

I read other people’s blogs so they do the winnowing for me. As for the blue light, I don’t know; buy one and check the owner’s manual.