Friday, January 23

Big game coming—great commercials!

http://adage.com/brightcove/single.php?title=8773233001A late post today, since we took off early in the morning to go to the Big City to do Big City stuff. It rained off and on all day. On returning, I perused my email and ran across this really neat commercial by the Coca-Cola ad agency, Wieden+Kennedy, that will appear during the upcoming Super Bowl. If you’re a Super Bowl fan, you know that some of the very best commercials are shown there. Since part of my rèsumé consists of working at an ad agency, I’m finely tuned to the good stuff, one of which is shown here. To add further intrigue to the upcoming game, Karla’s yoga instructor Audrey’s brother will be playing in the game for the Arizona Cardinals. I mean, how much better can it get than that?

When I was younger I dreamed of playing for an NFL team, but my knowledge of the game was meager; I don’t think I would have qualified to even be a bat boy.

5 comments:

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

IKWYM about youthful ambition. My nickname was 'elephant legs' (courtesy of your brother of course) and I STILL wanted to be a ballerina.

Cute video of the cocoa cola heist! Quite clever, actually :)

Anonymous said...

Really? Audrey's brother is playing in the Super Bowl?

Anonymous said...

Bat boy for a football team aye!
Good luck with that.

Tom Hurley said...

hhhorses: That’s what Audrey said. Maybe she’s dreaming.

Lpainter: When I applied to the SF Giants, they sent me home with the rule book. I was never so embarrassed!

Susan: You sure ended up playing a mean flute! Much less work sitting with the symphony than prancing around destroying your tippy-toes.

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Ha ha! True and thanks for the compliment :)