Saturday, January 17

Time well spent

Shown in the picture above is evidence that I have dedicated hours, even days, to the quest of helping make every printed document in history digitized and available to anyone with a computer and a connection to the Internet. Spending hours and hours with ReCaptcha is also less guilt-inducing than spending the equivalent time playing computer solitaire, even though I have only a couple of thousand words deciphered and digitized with ReCaptcha, versus well over 12,000 well-played games of solitaire, of which I won almost 1,800 (15%)! Solitaire is at best a loser’s game. You can find and download “fixed” games that will allow you to win 100% of the time. Ah, heaven! Gotta get one, on my iPod Touch at least.

But I’ll still continue my selfless dedication to the mankind-redeeming-and-edifying goodness of ReCaptcha.

When I can find the time, that is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And what is the point of this? Enlighten me.

Tom Hurley said...

Go to the ReCaptcha site and read its purpose.