Tuesday, January 6

Yuck

As the picture shows, we’re not getting a lot of sunshine today. Same as yesterday, when there was abundant drizzle.

Today everything is dripping from the fog that’s been with us since last evening. If I wanted weather like this, I’d move to the coast where fog is almost a daily occurrence.

Last time I checked the solar panels’ output, it was something like 50 watts, two percent of its potential. Yesterday’s total input from the sun was less than half a kilowatt-hour. At current rates using utility power, that’s about 7¢ worth.

Makes you want to stay indoors and eat soup and play solitaire or something. I know—I’ll search the Internet and see what I can buy for 7¢. As long as that includes shipping, of course.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about you set up a solar panel here in the Land of Eternal Sunshine and we dig a line underneath the four major mountain ranges, two national parks and five national forests and wilderness areas that lie between us, and you can have unlimited solar power.

Just a thought.

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Good thought, Hil. It solves the problem of him being bored, too. Neat.

Tom Hurley said...

You two are brilliant! All we need is some capitalization. In today’s fiscal environment, we’re toast. Hm-m…toast. I’m hungry.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm eating toast RIGHT NOW! What amazing timing for me to read your comment!