Tuesday, March 4

Flying leaves

This morning I was outside doing my biennial window cleaning when I noticed some dried-up oak leaves sticking at odd angles to the screen. On closer examination, they weren’t leaves at all, but moths! Moths that somehow had escaped the attention of the late Clarence D. Frogge. I quickly grabbed the camera and the model, Karla. We searched the ground for appropriate dead oak leaves to compare to one of the moths. The color and texture matched so closely we simultaneously let out a gasp and retreated to the safety of the house, looking apprehensively out the window at a gnarled oak branch with patches of moss on it, thinking it could actually be an Oak Branch Constrictor, a deadly snake that exactly matches the bark of the white oak and lies in wait for people approaching the tree with chain saws.

1 comment:

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

That's remarkable, and wonderful. Hope you are still safe in your beds. I thought all danger was past with Clarence D Frogge's demise, but I guess when you live in the wilderness, dangers could lurk in every tree and on every window....