Sunday, October 11

“Body’s all achin’…

…and wracked with pain; lift that log, tote that bale…” to paraphrase Old Man River. In the morning I tote that bale of hay around in about a hundred-foot radius to keep the horses from bumping into each other. Several trips from the haystack are needed, and the area where I walk is just rocks and dust from being pounded by scores of hooves. I shouldn’t feed in the morning before my back heals from the night before. It usually takes about three hours before I can stand perpendicular to the planet’s surface.

Today I put just about everything away in preparation for the coming storm. It’s amazing how much stuff piles up outside when the weather is benign. I have been cleaning out an area and piling the things that will be hauled either to the dump or the recycling center in a heap outside. I moved the cardboard in to the wood shed to keep it dry. I now have a nearly unusable wood shed. It is amazing how much packaging one accumulates in a summer!

When Karla returns from Death Valley with our pickup, one of the first things I will be doing is hauling loads of stuff away!

No comments: