Sunday, October 11

Table progress

Above is a trial fit of the legs and the skirts. Nothing is nailed down at this stage, it’s just to see how things will look. In the picture are a couple of metal things on the tabletop. One is a threaded rod that will screw into the leg (there will be two per leg), the other thing is a plate that is supposed to attach to the skirt pieces and the two screws coming out of the leg. Problem: It doesn’t fit. Apparently the bracket is made for a very different arrangement of leg-to-skirt. (Note repaired mug at center bottom of pic.)

Here is how the skirt will fit to the legs. It looks like I am going to have to fashion my own brackets out of metal to attach the legs to the skirt pieces. So I have to scrounge up some metal that’s suitable. Up the hill from where I’m working is what we call the “Iron Pile.” It’s what most people would call “The Dump,” but to a maker of things, it’s treasure. I’ll see what I can find tomorrow morning before the rain comes.

No comments: