Monday, October 5

More table stuff…

With a spatula, I filled holes and pits with some wood filler that I had resurrected yesterday. When I popped the lid off the can, I was greeted with a shrunken wad of material that had dried out because the lid wasn’t on tight after its previous use. I poured in some acetone and poked the lump with a screwdriver, breaking it up. This morning when I opened the can, the wood putty was creamy and ready to go.

Router test showed that I was ready to round the edge all around. I started with the bottom of the table.

A little hand sanding removed the ridge left by the router. Here is the top of the table after it was routed also. It has a nice edge now, and you’d never know the saw cut of a couple of days ago had gone bad.

The surface passes the mug test. I am going to have to get used to using a new mug, one that has a logo I designed a few years back. It’s bigger and heavier. It will be a while before I get over my old Australian Geographic mug, though. I have plans for it and will let you know if they work out.

No comments: