Saturday, October 10

A day off, almost

There is supposed to be some actual weather coming to Central California on Monday. Rain, it says. I had a pile of un-split firewood out there by the shed, so I fired up the splitter (started on the first pull!) and spent a couple of hours finishing off the pile and putting it in the wood shed. So as far as the table project goes, I just put some oil finish stain on the legs and did more filling and sanding on the tabletop. I planned out the dimensions and placement of the skirt that will hold the legs to the bottom of the top, but haven’t yet decided which wood to use for those parts. I have a nice board from my lumber mill days at the high ranch, a piece of clear pine with some very nice coloring. But I would have to cut it into smaller pieces and they would be pretty much hidden by the tabletop. I have some nice red oak that was left over from the passenger seats I made for our ferry boat many years ago. I might use it. Or I might go further through the pile in the storage building for something else. Decisions, decisions! I’ll sleep on it.

No comments: