Sunday, October 4

R.I.P. most favored mug

Almost 10 years ago, I returned from Australia with a mug that caught my eye at the Australian Geographic store in Brisbane, Queensland. Since that time, it has been used daily. It was my very favorite, even more so than the mugs whose logos I had designed myself for sale at our store. Tonight, as I was reading my book, I moved a little bit to get closer to the lamp I was near and knocked the mug to its death on the cold hard unyielding floor. A cat jumped. My heart stopped. The world seemed colder. A gnat flew up my nose.

Drat.

3 comments:

HHhorses said...

OH NO!

You know this means we have to go back to Australia.

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Yes, It does. There is no other way. RIP old mug.

Choose our winter to visit this time, OK? Or spring or autumn. Anything but high summer. You know what it's like.

Praying Horse said...

This post brought back the trauma of having broke my own beloved favorite coffee mug a couple of weeks ago. It was a lovely handmade number I bought in Moab. *Reaches for another tissue*