Thursday, October 8

Nice legs

Four out of five ain’t bad. One of the legs had a thin spot that I discovered and rejected before it went too far. Another leg decided to split (bottom leg, above) right at the last minute. I filled the crack with wood putty, sanded it, and it came out fine. A little touch-up wood filler is seen in the picture above. They will be cut to length then fitted out with adjustable feet for leveling on an uneven floor.

Next I have to make the skirt that goes under the tabletop and holds the legs on. I have the necessary steel hardware to attach the legs to the skirt, and the necessary tool to make the holes for the screws that hold the skirt to the top. I will have to buy a hole saw to make the ends of the skirt pieces fit snugly against the legs. It’s harder to explain than to do. So tomorrow after feeding the horses (all 18 came in today—a first!) I head for the hardware store for more purchases of specialty screws and a 1-3/4" hole saw. I am surprised I don’t have that size in my extensive collection. Musta lost one.

1 comment:

Pat said...

What is the diameter of The Round Table? I suppose I could figure it out by a lot of hard work, but I have to make lunch right now. Is it tall, squat or ? Hope I get to see it someday. Waiting breathlessly for the completion.