Saturday, October 3

Yow!

The saber saw blade came loose! I only noticed when it got really difficult to make it go where I wanted it to. This has happened before. The design of the tool was poor; they should have used a fine-thread screw to hold the blade in place. The vibration causes the coarse-threaded screw to come loose, slowly at first, then very quickly, letting the blade flop about and messing up the cut. This is going to take some major sanding to correct!

Luckily I have a disc sander. After setting up some support rollers, I was able to run the table top around a couple of times and take out the really bad parts of the messed-up cut. I want a perfectly square edge in order to get the control I will need with my router in rounding off the sharp edge.

Got it! All the bad cut is corrected and I’m ready to go on to the next phase: rounding the edge, top and bottom. But first, I need some major sitting-down time. Standing on a concrete slab for hours on end finally gets to me. Time for blogging, I guess.

1 comment:

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

This is looking like it's going to be a really nice table even if character rules instead of roundness?