Tuesday, October 13

That’s it?

For a record-breaking storm that’s supposed to blow us away or wash us away, this one’s a real nothing-burger. Six hours of rain has brought us just 1/2" of rain. That’s 13 millimeters or so. I have been checking radar images of the rainfall around us, and we seem to be getting hit with holes in the clouds. We even had a brief interval of sunshine a couple of hours ago. It will take twice this amount to really get the horse feed to pop out of the ground, that and some sunshine.

If it weren’t so wet outside, I’d go out and do a rain dance. I might slip in the mud though.

Update: As of 7:30 PM, there is 1-1/2" of rain and more is expected.

3 comments:

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

I'm glad you didn't get washed away. The flaming spiders would indeed be a fire hazard if you have not had much rain!

We've been told ot batten down for another giant dust storm again today. I hung out some washing just in case it turns out to be another furphy weather report....Aussie weather people are no more accurate than US ones I guess!

HHhorses said...

Ooo, I like your new rain gauge! Do you like your new rain gauge?

Tom Hurley said...

This gauge is a gift from neighbor Bill. He gave it to me after seeing my blog about the one with a bullet hole in it. It’s not as precise as my old one, but I like it.