Wednesday, February 6

Similarities

This image recently appeared in a Wired Magazine article. It was taken in 1952 and shows the earliest microseconds of an atomic bomb blast, using a novel camera developed by Harold Edgerton, a pioneer in short-duration photographic exposures. What got my attention is the similarity of this photo to another I posted on February 3 showing “light echoes” of a star in our galaxy. It also mimics the shape of many microscopic life forms.

Unfortunately the photo also very closely resembles a recent X-ray of my cranium. Two large eye sockets, a tiny brain floating in some mystery fluid, and randomly oriented teeth. I thought at least that my teeth would look better than that, what with all the money lavished on their care and upkeep.

Photo: Wikimedia Commons

No comments: